An added value to the substantive activities carried out by PIGEOR is contributed by Working Groups whose members take up analysis of issues strictly connected with specific thematic areas or a specific energy source.
At present, the following Working Groups are operating within the Chamber’s structure:
- Working group for Wind Power Industry
- Working groupfor Hydropower Industry
- Working group for Biomass for Energy Purposes
- Working group for Solar Power Industry
- Working group for Geothermal Energy and Heat Pumps
- Working group for Transmission Grid
- Working group for Support Schemes and Legislation
- Working group for Planning and Logistics
- Working group for Renewable Energy Sources Act
Apart from that, PIGEOR cooperates with many independent experts who have many years of experience on the market of renewable energy sources or in related sectors, including the following:
- PhD. Andrzej Kassenberg, President of the Board of the Institute for Sustainable Development
- Prof. Witold Orłowski, Chief Economic Advisor of PwC Poland Sp. z o.o., Director of the Business School at the Warsaw University of Technology
- PhD Jarosław Pietras, Director-General of the Council of the European Union
- Prof. Jan Popczyk, the first President of Polskie Sieci Elektroenergetyczne, lecturer at the Silesian University of Technology.
The above-mentioned gentlemen together with the PIGEOR Board Members, take an active part in directing and preparing the syllabus including lectures and debates of the International Renewable Energy Congress “Green Power”, an annual event organised by the Chamber. This year’s third edition of the Congress will be organised in Warsaw on 5th and 6th October 2011. For more details about the Congress go to www.congressgreenpower.pl.
PIGEOR member companies have the most extensive experience on the market of renewable energy sources. Their knowledge constitutes the core of the Chamber’s expert value.